- Dimensional Inspection
- Gage Calibration
- Mechanical Calibration
- Electrical Calibration
- 3D Scanning and Inspection
- First Article Testing and Capability Studies conducted for medical and commercial suppliers, beginning with technical analysis of data package, drawings and examination of the test piece.
- Appropriate dimensional equipment selected depending on measurement efficiency, accessibility and test piece tolerances.
- 3rd party Dimensional Inspections for product certification and verification.
- 2D and 3D dimensional measurement and laser scanning capabilities.
Medical Device Dimensional Validation/Testing
- With over 30 years of engineering skills available to support customer requests, we offer First Article Inspection for dimensional quality during all phases of product and process requirements.
- Applied Statistical Data Analysis for projects which warrant such procedures.
- DOE methods applied for investigative purposes as required for support.
- Statistical Monte-Carlo Simulation of limited customer variable databases.
- Qualification and validation of customer assets and equipment.
- Plastic and metal part design and fabrication.
- Life Reliability Studies for customer assets and equipment.
- Repeatability and Reliability (R&R) Studies
- Abrasion, Torque and Force Testing
Contact Dimensional Inspection
Our Brown & Sharpe Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) is equipped with single-point probing and scanning capabilities.
Non-Contact Dimensional Inspection
Our laboratory has three non-contact vision systems of varying size and capability. One of them being MICS’ OGP Quest 450 Smartscope Vision System. It has cutting-edge non-contact technology.
This fully automatic and programmable system is equipped with surface and contour illumination, as well as auto-edge detection systems. The non-contact capability inspects porous or compressible materials without having the deflection issues created with contact methods of measurement.
MICS encourages you to take advantage of our on-site calibration services. We can calibrate your gages in your facility regardless of your location or the number of gages. Our service is designed and offered for your benefit and convenience.
*Please note that due to certain circumstances, not all gages can be calibrated on-site. Call us to see if gages should be done on-site or in-lab.
Advantages of On-Site Calibration
- Saves you time and money required for gathering, packing and shipping gages
- Prevents possible shipping/handling related damage
- Equivalent to same day service at regular price
- Eliminates shipping related delays to and from your calibration source
- Production is never shut down on account of not having a gage present in the facility
- It takes place right in front of you, so there is never a question as to how it is done
All calibrations and inspections are performed utilizing state of the art equipment, and are traceable to N.I.S.T. Calibrations are performed in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2005(E), ANSI/NCSL Z540-1:1994 (Alternative to MIL-STD-45662A), and NIST Traceability Standards. Every item is provided a calibration label identifying the equipment number, date of calibration, due date of next calibration, identity of our calibration laboratory and person who performed the calibration. A full data, long form, certificate of calibration is also provided with each calibration performed at no extra cost.
Our technicians can not only calibrate, but also adjust most of your mechanical gages. There is never an extra fee for normal or customary adjustment or repair. All calibrations are performed to documented, validated and A2LA approved calibration procedures.
Allow us to perform pressure calibration on your pressure gauges and other pressure equipment. Our measurements range up to 10,000 PSI.
We can calibrate torque wrenches and transducers to meet your tension requirements. We can measure up to 2000 feet pounds or 1000 feet pounds.
- Angle Blocks
- Angle Plates
- Bore Gages
- Chart Recorders
- Coating Thickness Gages
- Crimping Tools
- Cylindrical Plugs
- Cylindrical Rings
- Floor Scales
- Force Gages
- Gage Blocks
- Gram Scales
- Groove Gages
- Hardness Testers
- Height Gages
- Height Masters
- Inside Micrometers
- Length Standards
- Optical Comparators
- Pin Gage Sets
- Plain Ring Gages
- Plain Plug Gages
- Precision Levels
- Precision Scales
- Pressure Gages
- Radius Gages
- Steel Rules
- Stop Watches
- Straight Edges
- Surface Plates
- Surface Roughness
- Tape Measures
- Tapered Plugs
- Thread Pitch Standards
- Thread Pitch Micrometers
- Thread Plugs
- Thread Rings
- Thread Set Plugs
- Thread Wires
- Toolmakers’ Microscopes
- Torque Screwdrivers
- Torque Testers
- Torque Watches
- Torque Wrenches
- Vacuum Gages
- Vision Systems
Our Fluke 5520A/SC600, with 50-turn current coil clamp meter calibrator accessory, and the FLUKE 8508A, 8 ½ -digit, Reference Multimeter, can handle virtually all of your electronics calibration needs, including:
- Thermometers, Thermocouples, Thermisters and RTD
- Oscilloscopes – Digital or Analog, Handheld and Bench
- Power Meters, Disturbance Analyzers, Power Quality Monitors, Recorders, and any type of power-related equipment
- Handheld and Bench Multimeters up to 8½ Digits Graphical Multimeters
- Process Calibrators
- Data Loggers
- Current Clamps and Clamp Meters
- Panel Meters
- Graphical Multimeters
- Power Harmonics Analyzers
- Watt Meters
- Strip and Chart Recorders
We can calibrate electronic equipment of a variety of makes and models, including multimeters from FLUKE. Our team can also calibrate multiple types of FLUKE multimeters.
3D Scanning & Inspection
Micron Inspection can inspect and scan your parts utilizing the 3D HandyPROBE and MetraSCAN Tools from Creaform.
We offer demonstrations both at your site upon request and the last Friday of every month in our Lab.
Join us for lunch and an in depth HandyPROBE/Metra Scan demo. We would be glad to utilize one of your parts to show the powerful capabilities of this device.